Why Give at Work?
Why Giving at Work Makes Sense
Many people choose to give through workplace giving programs by directing a portion of their paycheck to the charities of their choice--in fact, it has become the most effective and efficient form of fundraising in the United States.
Benefits to Employers
- Community Image: Employer is seen as a community partner who raises needed funds for important causes
- Employee Morale: Employees feel good when given a choice in charitable giving
- No-Cost Employee Benefit: Employees receive an extra benefit without increasing employer expenditures
Benefits to Employees
- Choice: Employees can designate their gift to a charity that is important to them
- Convenience: Employees sign up annually and their gift is spread throughout the year, making it possible to give a larger gift
- Confidence: CHC annually reviews its charities for public accountability
Benefits to Participating Charities
- Fundraising: Workplace giving is the most efficient & effective fundraising method
- Awareness: Hundreds of thousands of employees have the opportunity to give to the charity through workplace giving
- Volunteerism: CHC alerts employers to event and volunteer opportunities